Signed, sealed, delivered…

While spacing out in chemistry class, Lily scribbles some of her favorite song lyrics onto her desk. The next day, she finds that someone has continued the lyrics on the desk and added a message to her. Intrigue!

Soon, Lily and her anonymous pen pal are exchanging full-on letters—sharing secrets, recommending bands, and opening up to each other. Lily realizes she’s kind of falling for this letter writer. Only, who is he? As Lily attempts to unravel the mystery and juggle school, friends, crushes, and her crazy family, she discovers that matters of the heart can’t always be spelled out…






Wait - I rated a Kasie West book 5 stars? I loved it? NEVER! *sarcastic gasp* But in all seriousness, I cannot pick up a Kasie West book and not get excited because I just know that I will love it. When I see that there's one I haven't read yet, I do some kind of happy dance.


"there's another book, wooooo"

This book has everything I need when it comes to a fluffy contemporary book, and Ms. West just has that talent for producing a cute story that's hard to put down. The way she writes romance, her characters, the dialogue, the situations, family, and just about everything else - it's just so perfectly cute and in some cases very relatable. A Kasie West book is so easy to read that I end up devouring them in one go.

I will admit, she is the only author that I can read in one sitting. So far. For me, someone with a short attention span, it's a hard thing to do. So undoubtedly Kasie has a gift. It's come to a point when I go to work and I'm like 'Wow, my life sucks because it's not a Kasie West book. Can I just quit and read them all now?'

Every character in this book was fun to read about. They had their purpose within the story, they were fun, and none grated on my nerves. Although in these kind of books, you do get the odd bad apple here and there, because not everyone is nice, even they are interesting to read about. Obviously the story is very predictable, we knew what would happen in the end, but what do you expect from a book like this? It's not a mystery book, it's a contemporary. I knew who she was writing to instantly but it didn't take anything away from my enjoyment. If anything, it helped me try and understand them as a character and went towards their development. 

I loved the idea for the story, and it was everything I wanted it to be when I read the summary. Our protagonist writes some lyrics to a song on her chemistry desk and somebody adds the next line, and before she knows it, they end up exchanging letters which are hidden in the desk. Over a period of time, they grow a bond over the same music and end up sharing things about their lives and become each other's support. It was adorable. 




Another thing I loved is that the characters are completely different people behind the letters compared to when they're interacting. It shows that people aren't always what they seem, and you cannot judge someone based on how they act in certain situations. People are fighting their own battles, they're hiding things and are trying to put up a front. Always give people a chance, and don't judge them before you really get to know them. That's what the book tells its readers, and I'm always on board with that.


The bonding was done well, too. As it takes place over a long period of time, it wasn't some kind of instalove. No, they actually told each other some deep thoughts, and they truly bonded through the letters before developing feelings in real life. West took her time and didn't rush, and I think that makes a huge impact on the characters and the story.


Overall - it's a great book! You can't go wrong with a Kasie West story - they're an instant mood-lifter for me. Anything she writes, I will read because they're so damn good. Her books are like crack. I need more!

Highly recommended. If you want to read my reviews for her other books (which are also amazing!), you can check them out here:


But I think this one is my favourite so far. Keep 'em coming, Kasie!

P.S. Why did this kind of thing never happen at my school?




Yes, yes, yes! Read these books, I can guarantee that they will make you happy! If you've had a bad day, come home and read these books because I know that they will help. Such cuteness and fluffy happy times. I know these kind of stories aren't everyone's cup of tea, but I do recommend people give them a try at some point. If you're new to Kasie West, I'd love to hear what you think and whether you'll read this one! However, if you have tried them, do comment and tell us your favourite story (unless you didn't like it, in which case I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it). But contact us! Comments make us happy bunnies. You can either drop a comment down below or find us at any of the following social media outlets: